Friday, July 12, 2013

Friday's Music: Always Looking - Dum Dum Girls



Another girl band for you! This is one of my favourites from this band, and I chose it with Saba and Jack’s relationship in mind.

Oh I never felt a beat in my heart ‘til you made it start
I never felt a beat in my heart ‘til you made it start
-
It’s been written in the stars
The reason of the hearts like ours
Yea I was always looking, I was always looking;
I was always looking for you

These lyrics are so painstakingly accurate when it comes to Saba’s (initial?) feelings towards Jack. I instantly got reminded of Saba’s heartstone, something which features continually in both books, and how it gets hot near her hearts true desire. I also felt it important how she threw it away in Rebel Heart, only to have Nero bring it back to her.

I hear him laugh.
His name’s Jack.
Heat burns into me. Crawls over my skin. A trickle of sweat runs down my chest. I pull out the heartstone tucked safe inside my vest.It’s warm. No. Hot.
-
As I move away from him, the hearstone starts to cool down.

~Bushra

No comments:

Post a Comment