Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Raging Star

The name of the highly anticipated Book #3 of the 'Dustlands' trilogy has been revealed by author, Moira Young!

RAGING STAR!


We've compiled a list of reactions below as well as the opinions of our admins! If you'd like to tell us what you think, leave a comment or tweet us at @DustlandsFans!

Ella: Initial thought was of a clear night sky with one fiery star shooting across it. I could almost sense the power and determination in the 'raging' object to get to it's destination. But I also felt the sense of wonder and brilliance radiating from it. Who else is the raging star but Saba? Personally, I think titles are of great importance, and Book #3 is my new favourite of them all! I can't wait until the release so I can find out the true meaning behind it!


Jake: Upon first recognition, I immediately loved this title, possibly more than the previous two. I can't stop thinking about Saba herself being such a clear metaphor for a 'raging star.' Doing whatever she can to get to where she's going. Shooting stars are balls of flame essentially, and that's exactly what Saba is! Our favorite protagonist is a fiery warrior fighting for herself and her family! I love the title. As Ella has already said, I can't wait to read the book and discover more of the hidden meanings. 



Bushra: I’m so happy with this title, and even though I think the other two would sound more captivating for a first reader, to those who have been with Saba so far it’s perfect. It’s a brilliant combo, which reminds me of two of the most important things that make this story; Saba’s red hot rage and fierce determination, and the underlying themes of fate and destiny running throughout the book. This announcement has made me more excited than I thought I could be, and it’s going to be in a zealous manner that I use ‘Raging Star’ instead of ‘book#3’ from now on!



Jon: I love this title so much because the possibilities are truly endless. This title has helped create so many scenarios in my head as to what's going to happen in book #3. I have a feeling that this book will be revolved around Saba's destiny and fate as told to her by Auriel Tai. I can't wait to see how the star reader correlates to this book and I'm dying to read it! 2014, why do you have to be so far away?


To join in on more speculation and conversation about the final installment to the trilogy, take a look at the Goodreads forums, and also the unofficial blurb they have for Raging Star at Goodreads - Raging Star !

No comments:

Post a Comment