Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Try It Tuesday: Hannibal - TV Series



Today I bring to you this new TV series called Hannibal, based on Thomas Harris’s book, Red Dragon. Only some elements and characters are taken from the story, as it’s not a direct adaptation, so if you’re a person that likes reading the thing before seeing it as a movie/tv series, this might be an exception! I cannot stress enough how much I’m enjoying this series, with its convincing character development and brilliant plot.

Hannibal Lecter, a cannibal and psychiatrist, is a VERY interesting character. Although I still haven’t gotten round to reading the four stories by Thomas Harris, I feel as if though the actor playing Hannibal, Mads Mikkelsen, does him a lot of justice, with his compelling looks, talents and accent. I find the chemistry between him and our second protagonist, Will Graham, very real, and I like how everything is progressing.

Another appealing thing about this show is that I felt myself sympathising with a serial killer! This, if nothing else, should be an indicator of how commendable it is. I urge you to try out at least an episode, and see how it goes.

~Bushra

No comments:

Post a Comment