Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday's Music: The Lion's Roar - First Aid Kit





Folk isn't a genre I’d normally opt for, but First Aid Kit have whisked me away with their music and voices and lyrics. I got caught up in their passion, and the wistful melancholia which is especially evident in this song. The song actually first reminded me of Molly Pratt and Ike’s relationship. Her devastation at his death haunted me quite a bit in the beginning of Rebel Heart, and I started to fear for Jack and Saba’s relationship, hoping Moira would spare us any affliction that’d surely come to us if either of them was hurt!

This verse reminds me of how Saba changes when she’s around Jack, how much softer she gets around him, and how forlorn she is when he’s not there.

Sometimes I wish I could find my Rosemary Hill
I'd sit there and look at the deserted lakes and I'd sing
And every once in a while I'd sing a song for you
That would rise above the mountains and the stars and the sea
And if I wanted it to it would lead you back to me

I urge you to check out the rest of their music, it won't disappoint.

~Bushra



No comments:

Post a Comment