Friday, May 10, 2013

Friday's Music: Icarus - White Hinterland


Casey Dienel, performing as White Hinterland




I was just roaming YouTube a few days ago when I stumbled across this singer. Her voice, combined with the bass provides a strangely relaxing song that I feel like I can listen to over and over. Although some of the lyrics are quite intense, it makes me feel hazily happy. In this song I see some of Saba and Jack’s relationship, and perhaps Saba and Demalo’s encounter, lurking at the edges. 
-
Together going arm and arm, To meet our solitude, to meet it head on, I'll meet you where the water's warm, To meet my solitude, to meet it head on
 -
Though I can see clearly ahead of me, I cannot stop it once I'm set a-spinning, What can it mean? Why must I always see, the ending at the beginning?
~Bushra

No comments:

Post a Comment