Saturday, May 11, 2013

Movie Madness #3: The Help

The Help by Kathryn Stockett

    The Help


    The Book:
     The Help is an extremely powerful book that I think everyone should read at least once in their life. I quickly devoured this book, despite the fact that it's not a book I would normally read. The Help is truly the modern equivalent of To Kill A Mockingbird and it's truly phenomenal. Kathryn Stockett is a superb writer and I would read anything Stockett would write. It's truly a shame how Stockett hasn't published any other books!

The Movie:
I was a bit skeptical about seeing The Help on DVD because I didn't think any movie could do it justice. In the beginning of the movie moved at a slower pace than the book but the pace quickly picked up. All of the actors in this movie are absolutely spectacular in portraying the characters from the novel, especially Viola Davis. This movie deserves all of the accolades and acclaim it received because The Help is truly a masterpiece. 

Bottom Line:
Both the movie and book are extremely powerful but I still prefer the novel. I would recommend reading the novel before seeing the movie. You don't want to miss out on The Help! 
                    

No comments:

Post a Comment