Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Try It Tuesday: Lorde

There is no question that I'm recommending Lorde this week for for my own pleasure. Lorde (yes, there's an e there.) has recently skyrocketed herself to the top of most of the charts in the US and I have no complaints. Lorde is a 16 year old who acts nothing like one. Despite the fact that she's stated multpiple times she hates when people say she's 16 right off the bat, it happens anyway.

You can't help it! The New Zealand singer/songwriter, best known for her song 'Royals', looks, sounds and acts older than sixteen. She carries a certain maturity-very subtly I may add-that you don't see in many artists today.


To bring it all back in the the Dustlands, I'm recommending her song 'A World Alone.' Although the song references modern day things like "I feel grown up with you in your car," the jist of the song is the same. She's talking about feeling alone in the world with someone. I can connect this to Saba and Lugh in Blood Red Road without hesitation. Saba doesn't want to leave her home. She doesn't want to go on a treacherous journey. She doesn't want to do many things that she has to, to find her brother.   Her brother is the only person left she knows she loves and in her eyes, they are in the world alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment