Sunday, March 31, 2013

Poll Results Are In: JACK voted as YOUR favourite character!

It will come as no surprise to many in the fandom that Jack has won the poll for who you’d rather walk the dust lands with...by a mile!

The results are as follows:

poll




So why is Jack quite so popular? I don’t think it would be an unfair assumption to make that this mainly falls down to female attention. Let’s face it: Jack is hot. He’s confident. He knows what he’s doing. And if Saba is interested in him, if he warms her heartstone, then there’s clearly something special about him!

However, Jack isn’t just the eye-candy of the book. He is the rooting of it. Always there, working behind the scenes, even if it gets him into trouble – he is working towards a greater good. He’s a fighter. He’s a man of means. And he does it all whilst being extremely humorous; Jack has some of the best lines of the series!
“Yer in my blood, Saba, he says. Yer in my head. Yer in my breath, yer in my bones...gawd help me, yer everywhere. You have bin since the first moment I set eyes on you.” 

“Ever heard of the rule of three? he shouts as we run.
No!
If you save somebody's life three times, their life belongs to you. You saved my life today, that makes once. Save it twice more an I'm all yers.” 

“I'm sorry, I says.
Fer what? he says.
Fer always bein ... you know ... so-
Ungrateful? he says.
Yeah, I says.
Ornery?
I guess so.
Rude? Pig-headed? Violent?
I ain't violent!
Oh yes, you are. Very. But I like that in a woman.
I laugh. Yer crazy, I says.
I was fine till I met you, he says.” 

“Jack grins. Anyways, Saba likes to look at my bare chest."

“Like what you see,Angel? he says."

“You got three seconds, he says, then they're comin down. He starts to count. One... two...
I turn and run.
I can still hear him laughin when I'm halfways back to camp.”

“Be careful, Angel, he says. When you stare at a man like that, he’s likely to git any number of number of … innerestin ideas.”

“We ain't got time fer you to yell at me or fer me to tell you everythin that's happened, so I'm jest gonna cover the main points real quick an then I'm gonna kiss you, he says.” 

"Keys ain’t her style, he says. She kicked the door down.”



“I know it's selfish of me to even think of sayin this. You deserve a guy who'll... pluck the stars from the sky and lay 'em at yer feet. I'm the kinda guy who'd step on 'em on my way out the door. I ain't got nuthin to offer you.



 Let us know in the comments or by our twitter @DustlandsFans what your favourite Jack moments are!

A shout-out must also go to Tommo whose fans put up a fierce fight in the final hours to get him to match Jack’s reign. Sweet, gentle Tommo deserves to be acknowledged by all readers!

And not forgetting the star of the show either: Saba! Our fearless ‘female hero’ – Moira emphasises that she’s not a heroine – who has taken us on a journey through the Dust Lands and will continue to do so for as long as we have loyal fans and new readers!

Condolences to that one die-hard fan of Lugh’s! Maybe you’ve seen in him something that the rest of us are yet to witness – perhaps we’ll get to in Book 3?

Thanks to everyone for voting in our first ever poll on Dustlands. It’s been great fun to watch the competition grow every day and it’s also brought to light just how much Moira’s characters are loved. Every single one of them brings something to the story and without them, well... there wouldn’t be one!

~Ella

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't surprised at all that Jack was voted everyone's favorite character. What surprised me was that Saba wasn't #2?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about Saba! I guess there's a quality in Tommo that people like and the end of RH was pretty...interesting!

    ReplyDelete