Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday's Music: Come Talk to Me (cover) - Bon Iver


This song was originally written by Peter Gabriel.


Today, I bring to you this wonderful cover of Come Talk to Me, done by Bon Iver (I personally prefer this version of the song to the original one). The music flows so beautifully, it makes you relax and close your eyes and dream of a cabin near a valley where the air is sweet and you're always in a state of harmony, all your problems are solvable. This imagery contrasts greatly with Saba’s adventure, battling the harsh red sand, toiling away to get what she wants and needs. It also reminds me of Saba and Lugh’s relationship in Rebel Heart, and how broken it slowly became, which made me really sad, because if it wasn't for Saba’s sisterly love for Lugh, the story would've gone down a different route altogether. I really want them to bond again, and for Lugh to tell Saba everything that happened to him while she was on her way to finding him.

In the swirling curling storm of desireUnuttered words hold fast
-
I can imagine the moment, Breaking out through the silence, All the things that we both might say, And the heart, it will not be denied, 'Til we're both on the same damn side, All the barriers blown away
-
I said please talk to meWon't you please come talk to me?, Just like it used to be, Come on, come talk to me

~Bushra




No comments:

Post a Comment