Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Try It Tuesday: Eliza and The Bear!

This week, I give to you not a book, but a band. A very, very good band. Let me introduce to you - Eliza and The Bear!

After seeing them as a support act at an Imagine Dragons concert last week in London, I came to the conclusion that this isn't a band that should be in the small print. No, this five-piece should be headlining worldwide, no question. 

With a sound comparable possibly to Mumford & Sons, Foster the People, and Imagine Dragons themselves, amongst many other talented artists, Eliza and the Bear are definitely on the list to watch in the next year.

They currently only have three singles: Brother's Boat, Southern Wild and Upon The North, but tweeted recently saying they expect a new single to be out this summer and their first album's release is scheduled for 2014. 

In the meanwhile, I've been listening religiously to these singles and will continue to do so until they become just a drone in the background...although I highly suspect James Kellegher's vocals will never cease to make me sway along. 

I can't wait to see these guys hit the big time, they really deserve it -  so friendly and very appreciative of new fans. 

You can listen to their released singles on their youtube channel at 
Visit their Facebook page or website or give them a follow on Twitter!

Let us know what you make of Eliza and The Bear and if, like me, Upon the North makes you just irrationally happy! 

~Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment